COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia crossfit community gathered for a fundraiser that supported a former University of Missouri athlete recovering from a severed spinal cord.
Kevin Ogar played rugby at University and was a crossfit coach. His sister said Ogar still does not have any movement below the waist.
Ogar was competing in California when the injury happened January 12. The fundraiser's goal was to raise hundreds of thousands for Ogar's years of surgery and therapy ahead.
That fundraiser started at Crossfit Fringe before moving to McNally's in downtown Columbia, Ogar's favorite bar in town.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County