*** UPDATE SUNDAY 10:29 P.M. *** More than one hundred people raised $4052 dollars Sunday to help the family of Aaron Wyman. Wyman is the Fulton eight year old who died last month from complications from the flu. His mother said she's blessed to be surrounded by the Saint Peter Parish community. "Nobody should lose hope ever, especially on top of losing a child; you're experiencing some real financial hardship and know that there are always going to be people to help," said Shannon Cerneka who helped organize the event. The winner of the 50/50 raffle Sunday gave all that money back to the family. He said he lost his son several years back, and knows how hard it can be. *** ORIGINAL STORY *** After the tragic death of a 7-year-old in Mid-Missouri, now the community is holding a fundraiser to help pay for his funeral. The event will be held on Sunday at St. Peter in Fulton from 6 to 8 p.m. Aaron Wyman passed away last month from complications of the flu. Sunday's concert includes a meal starting at 6:30 p.m., followed by a performance from local band, Oddwalk, if you make a donation.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost