COLUMBIA, Mo. - Funeral services have been arranged for former Columbia City Councilwoman Almeta Crayton.
A visitation will be held Friday, Nov. 1 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. with the funeral scheduled for noon. The services will be held at Second Missionary Baptist Church in Columbia. The church is located at 407 E. Broadway.
Following the funeral services, there will be a repast at Urban Empowerment located at 2409 N. Stadium Blvd. The repast will begin around 1:45 p.m.
Crayton, 53, died Monday, Oct. 21 at Boone Hospital Center after suffering from heart and kidney problems.
Her family has also set up a fund to help pay for utility bills and other expenses. Anyone can donate by going to any Boone County National Bank branch and donating to the "Almeta Crayton Donation Fund."
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime