PILOT GROVE, Mo. - A gas leak is prompting Pilot Grove C-4 to dismiss early Friday.
Superintendent D.J. Leberton confirmed the K-12 school dismissed students at 10 a.m.
He said Missouri Gas and Energy responded to a leak Friday morning and are still on scene.
Leberton says there is still a smell of gas, so as a precautionary measure for safety, they are releasing early.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser