Two people suffered minor injuries during a Wednesday afternoon apartment fire in Columbia.

The Columbia Fire Department responded to a fire at the Columbia Crossing Apartments off White Gate Drive around 4:30 p.m.

Dispatchers stated there was a grease fire on the stove and the residents had sustained grease burns while attempting to remove a pan from the stove.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, but said the fire caused damage to the stove, range hood and kitchen cabinets.

Fire damage is estimated at $3,000 but the apartment is still habitable.

The two residents were transported to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.