Grease fire injures residents and causes minor damage
Two people suffered minor injuries during a Wednesday afternoon apartment fire in Columbia.
The Columbia Fire Department responded to a fire at the Columbia Crossing Apartments off White Gate Drive around 4:30 p.m.
Dispatchers stated there was a grease fire on the stove and the residents had sustained grease burns while attempting to remove a pan from the stove.
Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, but said the fire caused damage to the stove, range hood and kitchen cabinets.
Fire damage is estimated at $3,000 but the apartment is still habitable.
The two residents were transported to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.