COLUMBIA, Mo. - Two people suffered minor injuries during a Wednesday afternoon apartment fire in Columbia.
The Columbia Fire Department responded to a fire at the Columbia Crossing Apartments off White Gate Drive around 4:30 p.m.
Dispatchers stated there was a grease fire on the stove and the residents had sustained grease burns while attempting to remove a pan from the stove.
Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly, but said the fire caused damage to the stove, range hood and kitchen cabinets.
Fire damage is estimated at $3,000 but the apartment is still habitable.
The two residents were transported to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy
- Columbia Public Works to survey Nifong Boulevard
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire