BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Guided hikes are being offered free of charge at state parks around Missouri on New Year's Day. The Department of Natural Resources is offering the hikes to the public as a healthy way of getting connected with the outdoors.
Participating parks in mid-Missouri include the following meeting times and locations:
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park - meet at Devil's Icebox Trail parking at 1 and 1:30 p.m.
- Arrow Rock State Historic Site - meet at the visitor center parking lot at 10 a.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, West Section - meet at Boonville trail head at 1 p.m.
- Katy Trail State Park, Midwest Section - meet at McBaine trail head at 1:15 p.m.
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park in Kaiser - meet at the campground entrance at 10 a.m.
You can find more information at www.mostateparks.com
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"