WARSAW, Mo. - The public swimming beach at Harry S. Truman State Park will remain closed due to high bacteria levels.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources said water samples taken Monday showed higher than recommended levels of bacteria.
DNR says the campground beach at the park will be open. Park visitors can pick up a free pass to swim at the campground beach.
The public beach will stay closed until tests show bacteria levels have decreased.
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy
- Columbia Public Works to survey Nifong Boulevard
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire