JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Cole County Presiding Commissioner Marc Ellinger met with Lincoln University officials Monday afternoon to discuss a potential health clinic.
The clinic would be on the Lincoln campus in Thompkins Hall. The university has unused space in the back of the building that could be converted into the clinic.
The clinic would be staffed by Cole County Health Department employees and Community Health Center employees.
Ellinger's hope is to bring a clinic to the east side that would better serve the community.
He said there is a huge need for medical assistance on the east side and sometimes residents have a hard time traveling across town. The new clinic would be open in the evenings and weekends to fulfill the need. Plus, bus service has a stop on the campus.
Costs haven't yet been worked out because the clinic is still in the initial planning stages.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost