JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Helias Catholic High School in Jefferson City confirmed Wednesday an art teacher resigned last week. A source says the resignation came after making an inappropriate comment to a 14 year-old female student.
Mark Friggle resigned last Thursday.
Sources told ABC 17 News there was never a relationship between Friggle and the student.
Former students told ABC 17, Friggle had made comments of what they called a perverted nature in the past.
Students showed up to art class earlier this week asking where all of their past and present projects had gone.
Parents tell me the room had been cleaned out, and students were upset by the loss of their work.
The school denied disposing of any art projects when ABC 17 News brought the matter to their attention.
Parents who are in contact with Friggle said he also denied taking any projects.
Friggle had been a teacher at Helias since August 2000.
The school wouldn't comment on his resignation stating it was a personnel matter.
Friggle is not facing any charges.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes