45-year-old Dale Dietsch was charged with 3 counts of first degree statutory sodomy after an extensive investigation by the Holts Summit Police Department and Boone County Sheriff's Department Cyber Crimes Task Force.
Investigators revealed Dietsch had child pornography in January 2014, leading to his arrest
and charges. Dietsch was charged with felony possession of child pornography.
During that investigation, police learned that Dietsch was a babysitter for neighbor children that lived in the same trailer park as him.
A relative of two children Dietsch allegedly look care of was worried he may have taken pictures of one of the children that could have been explicit in nature.
Police met with the mother of those children to compare images of the children and photos investigators found on Dietsch's computer.
During a meeting between police, the mother, and two children, one of the children, a 5-year-old girl, described inappropriate sexual contact with Dietsch.
Dietsch is already in custody at the Callaway County Jail for the previous child pornography charges. Bond in that case is set at $10,000.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement