Each treatment of a case of bed bugs can cost anywhere from seven hundred to fifteen hundred dollars.
The owner of Wingate Lawn Care and Pest Control, Bryan Ninichuck said, "We find them in hotels, individual homes, housing and you'll see them on planes."
Ninichuck said, "You notice bed bugs by live insects or by staining on mattresses and stuff and that staining is unfortunately is blood."
He said bed bugs hitchhike from place to place feeding on human blood.
"Bed bugs will inject an anesthetic first and then they bite and they do their feeding and you don't know you're getting bit."
Ninichuck said the best way to get rid of bed bugs is by heat.
Getting rooms to one hundred and two degrees is lethal for the pests.
One hundred and twenty degrees is instant death for the blood suckers.
After the heat treatment they will typically do a chemical treatment as well.
Bed bugs can live up to six months without feeding on human blood.
After four weeks of being alive they can start to reproduce.
In their lifetime they can lay up to two hundred eggs.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy