FAYETTE, Mo. - A man accused in the 2011 shooting death of a rural Harrisburg man appeared in Howard County Court and waived his arraignment.
Zach Jefferson of Excello is accused of killing Jon Spurling on August 15, 2011.
Jefferson entered a plea of not guilty to first degree murder and armed criminal action.
Spurling was found in his home a day after the crime by his father.
Investigators said Jefferson allegedly killed Spurling because an of an ongoing affair between his wife and Spurling, who was previously married to Spurling.
Jefferson will appear in court again on September 3.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security