COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Mid-Missouri high school football player has died after being hospitalized with a brain injury since an October playoff game.
Chad Stover, 17, of Tipton, suffered a severe head injury during an Oct. 31 game in Sedalia. Stover had been hospitalized at University Hospital in Columbia since the injury.
Tipton High School officials said the incident happened during a game against Sacred Heart. Stover collapsed after a hit with six minutes left in the fourth quarter. The game was called off following the injury.
The Tipton R-VI Schools superintendent said Stover had a severe brain injury.
After his injury, Stover's family and friends, as well as surrounding communities, showed support through a #PrayforChad social media movement and by wearing red ribbons.
Schools around Missouri also displayed red ribbons in honor of Tipton High School's colors on their fields or displayed Chad's No. 18.PrayforChad Twitter Timeline
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security