JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Missouri Department of Corrections says an inmate died at the Jefferson City Correction Center over the weekend.
Paul Honeycutt, 51, was found dead around 1:15 a.m. on Saturday. Corrections officials say his death is attributed to apparent natural causes.
Honeycutt had been incarcerated since Oct. 1996 on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action. He was in prison for a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit