COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia Fire Department ruled a weekend house fire was arson.
Investigators say the Saturday fire in the 800 block of West Boulevard was intentionally set.
Columbia's fire marshal says the arson started with a dispute. Officials say there was apparently an argument between another person and someone inside the home, but investigators have not released names.
Fire officials are now working with the Columbia Police Department in the investigation.
A witness at the scene told ABC 17 News that she felt harassed by local gangs.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Columbia Fire Department Fire Marshal's Division at 573-874-7556.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy