JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Jefferson City Day Care Center held a kickoff of the Friends of the Children campaign Wednesday.
The campaign's purpose is to raise money to renovate and improve the day care center through Neighborhood Assistance Program tax credits from the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
The renovations will include a newly completed and updated kitchen, a new roof, new heating and cooling system, an upgraded sprinkler system, four renovated classrooms, and other repairs to the more than 40-year-old building. The goal of the campaign is to raise $400,000.
The Jefferson City Day Care Center was established in 1966 to serve low and middle income working families. The center serves 95 children and offers an accredited Early Childhood Education program.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County