JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Jefferson City man was sentenced to 25 years in prison Thursday for child molestation and statutory sodomy.
A jury convicted 71-year-old Arthur Earl back in December for the charges.
Earl was charged after a mother came home to find he had abused her child while babysitting.
According to court documents, Earl admitted to becoming aroused as the 6-year-old child was jumping on his lap.
The documents said Earl also admitted to inappropriately touching the child.
He apparently then told investigators the 6-year-old is the one who actually initiated sexual actions.
He even told investigators the child told him to go to the bedroom.
Earl denies abusing a 20-month-old in the house.
ABC 17 checked into Earl's past and it appears he has no previous criminal history.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost