JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Thursday morning car crash sent two adults and three children to the hospital in Jefferson City.
Around 8 a.m., police said two cars crashed head-on near the intersection of Highway 50 and Broadway Street.
Police said the car driven by Barbara Sage, 64, of Jefferson City suffered extensive damage. Sage was not transported to the hospital by emergency responders, but later checked herself in.
Three children in her car were taken to the hospital with minor or no apparent injuries.
The driver of the other car, Jennifer Whitacare, 38, of Moberly suffered moderate injuries and was taken to a local hospital.
Whitacare's car also received extensive damage.
According to police, everyone involved was wearing a seatbelt.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost