JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Firefighters with the Jefferson City Fire Department went door to door, sharing the dangers about carbon monoxide.
ABC 17 News reporters went with the firefighters as they installed CO alarms in Jefferson City homes.
In previous years, the fire department has held this event but with smoke detectors. Over the summer, two people died from CO poisoning in their Jefferson City home.
The department has partnered with Lowe's for the initiative, as they have been for the previous 12 years.