News

Jefferson City firefighters respond to Walgreens for reports of fire

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - UPDATE 5:35 pm: The fire was likely caused by a lit cigarette and was hard to extinguish because of the wind. 

No injuries were reported. 

ORIGINAL STORY: Jefferson City firefighters responded to the Walgreens on Missouri Boulevard for reports of a fire. 

Firefighters said the fire started in a trashcan outside of the business. 

A former employee at the store said they have had problems with a trash can and ashtray combination in the past. When she worked there, a firefighter altered them of a fire after the ashtray bottom fell out and a lit cigarette burned the trash. 

ABC 17 has reached out to the Jefferson City Fire Department for more information about the incident. 

Stay with this story for the latest information. 


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Tuesday, April 24 Afternoon Weather

Top Videos