JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Jefferson City Council approved a proposal to rezone nine acres for a new car dealership Monday night.
Corwin Automotive Group is planning to build a 30,000 square foot facility in the 3600 block of Missouri Boulevard. The facility will include a service department and detail shop.
The dealership told ABC 17 News it would move its current Honda dealership to the new location. The Nissan franchise will then move into the old Honda building.
Corwin has recently been storing inventory at the Capital Mall because it doesn't have enough space.
In 2005, a mixed-use development was planned and in 2008, a 103-room Holiday Inn was proposed for the site. Neither of those plans materialized.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust