JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The capital city was officially named the "Most Beautiful Small Town" in the United States.
The survey, part of Rand McNally's 2013 Best of the Road contest, highlighted the city's views of the Missouri River, the Missouri Capitol Building, and Main Street.
Rand McNally also said Jefferson City received the third most votes overall in any of their categories.
Jefferson City was selected from a group of cities including Quincy, Ill., Punta Gorda, Fla., Arvada, Colo., and Cloudcroft, N.M.See the Jefferson City video here
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road