JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City hopes to keep residents safe this summer by offering five different public cooling stations to the public.
Officials say one to three people die from heat-related causes every year in Cole County.
The elderly, chronically ill and young children are the most susceptible to the temperatures.
Jefferson City Administrator Nathan Nickolaus is urging residents to keep an eye on those who could become victims of the heat.
"We encourage people to check on their neighbors and the community to respond to any incidents," said Nickolaus.
Jefferson City cooling centers:
- Capital Mall 3600, Country Club Dr, Jefferson City 65109
- Clarke Senior Center 1310, Linden Dr, Jefferson City 65109
- Missouri River Regional Library, 214 Adams St, Jefferson City 65101
- Salvation Army Jefferson City, 927 Jefferson St, Jefferson City 65101
- Senior Center at the Mall 3600, Country Club Dr Ste 522, Jefferson City 65109