JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - On Monday night the Jefferson City School Board unanimously approved expanding guidelines for student drug testing.
The newly adopted policy requires high school students in extracurricular activities submit to random drug tests throughout the school year. Previously, the policy only applied to student athletes.
ABC 17 News is told it will include everything from band and choir, to the debate team, cheerleading and dance.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members