Jefferson City will spend more than $1 million to improve roads after the City Council approved the spending Monday night.
Edgewood Drive, Stadium Boulevard and Ellis Boulevard just a few of the major routes set to get makeovers. Overall, there are approximately 15 paving projects set for this summer in the city.
Roads that will be improved and paved:
- West Edgewood Drive between Highway 179 and Stadium Boulevard
- Stadium Boulevard between Southwest and Myrle
- Ellis Boulevard between Lorenzo Green and Christy
- Bald Hill Road between Clark and Seven Hills Road
- Algoa Road from Travis Circle to the Moreau Bridge
"As always, we try to minimize the impact to traffic when we are doing our summer program, but with progress comes a little pain," said Jefferson Public Works Director Britt Smith. "We ask everybody to use a little patience. We try to sign them out well in advance and get press releases out and give people as much notice as we can can."
Smith said there are several factors that go into choosing the roads that are getting repaved, however, road crews try to keep them in the same general area of the city.
Construction should begin in the coming months.