Monday afternoon, Missouri American Water confirmed Jefferson City's drinking water is safe.
However, the company said they are seeing unusual conditions in the Missouri River.
A spokesperson said they saw the changing conditions coming down stream and made adjustments to treatments. They do about 60 tests on water daily.
Today, they are still making adjustments and believe the taste of the water should be back to normal within a couple of days.
The large snow volume and run-off up stream has caused the water quality to be less than desirable.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit