A Montgomery City man has been charged for his role in a kidnapping case earlier this week. Robert D. Bethel, 18, is charged with felony kidnapping and armed criminal action. He is also charged with a misdemeanor count of violating a protection order. Bethel is being held in the Montgomery County Jail on a $100,000 cash-only bond. He is scheduled to be arraigned on January 24th. Authorities say Bethel allegedly kidnapped his 15-year-old girlfriend at gunpoint Tuesday afternoon. He returned her safely Wednesday morning, but then made comments that sent schools in Montgomery and Callaway counties into lockdown.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County