OSAGE BEACH, Mo. - Lake-area fire crews evacuated Lakewood condos after a large fire Saturday night.
As of Sunday night, the investigation into the cause continued.
Steve Stafford of the Osage Beach Fire Department told ABC 17 News at the scene that the fire started in a unit in building 400.
That building was destroyed, while buildings 300 and 500 suffered heavy smoke and water damage.
Crews were called to the condos around 7:30 p.m. Saturday and said they would be on the scene conducting an investigation throughout the night.
Crews from Osage Beach, Lake Ozark, Camdenton and Mid-County had the fire under control around 9 p.m.
Pictures on the Mid-County Fire Protection District Facebook page showed the top floors of a building at the Lakewood Resort engulfed in flames.
The condominiums are located off Highway 54 in Osage Beach. Witnesses said the top floor, possibly the top two floors were burning.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates on this story.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost