ELDON, Mo. - The Miller County Prosecutor Monday filed a civil petition against an Eldon smoke shop for allegedly selling synthetic marijuana and imitation drugs, as well as drug paraphernalia.
The lawsuit seeks to get a preliminary injunction and eventually a permanent order from the court to lock up the Puff and Snuff smoke shop to prevent occupancy. The document reads "said premises are a public nuisance."
The petition alleges the building was being used for "unlawful activity," and that police had received reports of customers "have consumed the substances and suffered physical harm to their health and well-being."
Tuesday ABC 17 News was on scene when Eldon police swarmed the store.
In the back of the store we could see officers carrying three large red boxes.
They would not say what was in them.
The police chief would not comment Tuesday about what happened at Puff n Snuff.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County