KEYTESVILLE, Mo. - The man charged in the November 2013 stabbing death of his father appeared in Chariton County Court Thursday.
27-year-old David Weil is charged with second degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of John Piper in Brunswick.
Prosecutors said Weil killed Piper by stabbing him with a knife.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol's probable cause statement said Piper suffered puncture wounds to his neck, which Weil admitted to doing at least one time.
Weil's next court appearance is set for November 6.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active