JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City Police responded to a shots fired call just before 11:00 Tuesday night in the 500 block of East Elm Street.
32-year-old Joseph Garcia was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
When officers arrived to the scene, they found several people involved who claimed there was a fight between a group of people. One of those people allegedly made threats and showed a gun.
Witnesses said a fight broke out between two women, one of whom was Garcia's girlfriend. During the fight, Garcia went in an apartment and retrieved a pistol, which he showed and threatened people in the area.
Garcia then fired one shot into the air and broke up the crowd. Garcia was arrested by police in the apartment a short time later.
Garcia is being held in the Cole County Jail pending charges.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost