COLUMBIA, Mo. - A suspect was taken into custody for stolen guns and other items in east Columbia. Dustin Lipich was arrested Thursday afternoon for a burglary that occurred at Carl's Towing.
Columbia Patrol Officers responded to the burglary at 6:32 Thursday morning and apprehended Lipich within nine hours. He had several stolen weapons in his possession, including two handguns and several rifles, as well as five tablets from AAA Insurance.
Police also obtained a search warrant for Lipich's apartment at 5018 Clark Lane, where they seized the handguns and tablets. The rifles were located in the trunk of Lipich's car.
Lipich is now charged first-degree burglary, and a felony count of theft. His bond was set at $25,000 on Friday.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach