BOONVILLE, Mo. - ABC 17 News confirmed a man died Monday evening after a chemical explosion over the weekend inside a home on Speed Drive south of Boonville.
Cooper County Sheriff Jerry Wolfe identified the victim as 60-year-old Earl Fredrich.
He was flown to University Hospital Saturday night with serious to his face. Emergency crews said a homemade explosive device used for target practice exploded, after the plastic cap blew off as it was being moved.
Local investigators do not believe it involved anything criminal, but was simply an accident.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit