OSAGE BEACH, Mo. - A 30-year-old man drowned Friday afternoon at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Members of the Missouri State Highway Patrol started searching for 30-year-old Justin Byrd of Englewood, Colorado at around 4:30 Friday afternoon.
Byrd went missing in the Party Cove area near Osage Beach, which is at mile marker 4.
Troopers said Byrd fell off the back of the boat he was on into the water. He was underwater for five minutes before anyone realized he fell in.
A MSHP trooper told ABC 17 News several troopers were surrounding party cove Friday evening to help with crowd control and to widen the search due to the large amount of people in the cove.
Byrd's next of kin have been notified.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security