Police think slick roads, speed and intoxicated driving played a possible role in a life-threatening crash in west Columbia over the weekend.
Investigators say Dennis Atim, 35, lost control in a Chevy S-10 early Saturday, crossing the center line and hitting another truck head-on near Broadway and Fairview Road. Officers believe Atim could have been impaired and going too fast.
As of Monday afternoon, Atim remained in critical condition. Everyone else in the other vehicle, which was a Toyota Tundra, only had minor injuries, including a 1-year child.
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy
- Columbia Public Works to survey Nifong Boulevard
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire