SUNRISE BEACH, Mo. - An Imperial, Mo. man was killed in a head-on crash in Sunrise Beach on Saturday afternoon.
The crash happened just after 2 p.m. on State Route MM near Chimney Point Road and the investigation closed that road for several hours.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, 55-year-old Patrick Rayburn swerved to miss an SUV that had crossed the center line, but hit it head on.
The SUV Rayburn was driving then rolled and caught fire. He died on the scene.
The other driver, 25-year-old Benjamin Kasper of Gravois Mills, was flown to University Hospital. His condition was not released as of Sunday night.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security