JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Jefferson City police are investigating yet another heroin overdose. This is the third heroin overdose in just two days.
The latest one happened Friday evening in the 2100 block of Louis Circle.
This comes just one day after a couple was found dead inside a Jefferson City hotel room, also from an apparent heroin overdose.
Police were called to Louis Circle yesterday around 6pm in response to a call that a man had overdosed on heroin.
25-year-old Darrin Woods was taken to the hospital, treated and then taken to the Cole County Jail.
Police obtained a search warrant for the residence where the overdose took place.
About two ounces of marijuana and items related to the packaging and sales of marijuana were found.
Officers believe Woods and another party were packaging marijuana when woods overdosed on heroin.
Captain Doug Shoemaker is asking for the public's help in finding heroin suppliers.
"We want to maker sure we stay aggressive on it. We also want people who know others that are using it or know suppliers to help us get the stuff off the street. It is very deadly and is something that we don't want in our community," said Shoemaker.
If you have any information that may be useful, police ask that you call one of these numbers:
Jefferson City Police Department: (573) 634-6400
Crime Stoppers: (573) 659-TIPS (8477)
- Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser