AUXVASSE,Mo. - A suspect turned himself in Sunday after he was accused of trying to hit a Mid-Missouri police chief with a car. Jerry Wilkerson, 67, posted a $10,000 cash-only bond and was released from custody.
Authorities say Wilkerson is wanted for second-degree assault and resisting arrest, after an incident involving Auxvasse Police Chief Kevin Suedmeyer.
The Callaway County Sheriff's Department and Auxvasse Police Department also said this is not their first run-in with Wilkerson.
Wilkerson is a registered sex offender and was arrested Tuesday night as a suspect in first-degree burglary and misdemeanor assault.
Officials say Suedmeyer went to speak with Wilkerson at his home Wednesday morning regarding a complaint Wilkerson had made the day before about an Auxvasse police officer.
But when Suedmeyer arrived, police say Wilkerson drove away, nearly striking Suedmeyer.
After the incident, Wilkerson called the Callaway County Emergency Operations Center and said he would not turn himself in until he had spoken with his lawyer.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit