LIBERTY, Mo. - Authorities confirmed Tuesday that Chad Rogers' body was found last week.
According to affiliate WDAF, the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office said they have positively identified that Rogers' body was found last Friday.
Liberty police say they have found no signs of foul play, but they are still investigating until the cause of death has been determined.
A press release said the final determination on the cause of death is contingent on an autopsy, but no date was given for when that would happen.
Rogers went missing on July 22 after he left for a run. He was found in a portable toilet behind South Valley Middle School in Liberty on July 26.
Rogers was the former youth pastor at First united Methodist Church in Jefferson City. He had recently moved back to the Kansas City area with his wife and son.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes