OSAGE BEACH, Mo. - The unofficial start of summer is here and the Lake of the Ozarks has seen tourist traffic pick up.
Memorial Day weekend brought large numbers of families and travelers from all over the state.
As of Sunday, there were no reported water injuries from the Missouri Highway Patrol.
Highway Patrol told ABC 17 News they will be patrolling in full force as usual this summer season to prevent any incidents on the water.
They also said they expect to see the sam amount of tourists this year, despite the shaky economy.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost