MEXICO, Mo. - A Mexico man was sentenced to 75 years in prison Monday after being convicted of sex crimes against a young girl in 2012.
34-year-old Andrew Thompson was convicted in April of statutory rape, three counts of statutory sodomy, child molestation, and two counts of sexual misconduct involving a child.
Audrain County Assistant Prosecutor Ashley Turner said in a news release, "Andrew Thompson had no remorse for what he put this young woman through when she was 12 years old. This brave, smart, and beautiful young woman had the courage to stand up and tell what happened to her."
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit