STOVER, Mo. - New details surfaced Friday about a Mid-Missouri church with a controversial pastor who is still facing charges of rape and sexual abuse.
Travis Smith is pastor at the First Baptist Church in Stover, according to its website. But his church is no longer a part of the Lamine Bapitst Association with the Missouri Baptist Convention.
Members voted them out last week for not following the association's by-laws. The Church at Osage Hills was also removed for the same reasons.
Smith is currently accused of having sex with a girl in a cemetery. He was already found not guilty in 2011 for unrelated charges of child molestation.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members