ASHLAND, Mo. - A small Mid-Missouri came together Friday to help a 7-year-old boy who is fighting an incurable disease.
Ashland residents held a bake sale and raffled items to help raise money for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation.
The family of 7-year-old Connor Brotherton organized the event. Connor was diagnosed with the disease at 4 years old.
"I'm just so surprised at how many people came out and donated their time and effort to this."
The family said they believe they raised more than $2,000 at the bake sale.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach