SWEET SPRINGS, Mo. - A Saline County man was killed late Thursday night in a car accident in Johnson County.
According to a Highway Patrol report, Jerry W. Wilder, 53, of Sweet Springs was traveling northbound on Missouri Route 23 around 11:20 p.m. Thursday. Troopers say he entered a curve too fast, causing the vehicle to run off the road and overturn.
Wilder was ejected from the car and pronounced dead at the scene.
Highway Patrol says Wilder was wearing a seat belt.
- New Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation