MEXICO, Mo. - Friday, Spartan Light Metals in Mexico announced a $17 million investment that will bring 88 positions to the Audrain County city.
It is also adding on 68,000 square feet.
Spartan is a family-owned automotive supplier. They die-cast aluminum and magnesium and do machining and assembly as well as design and analysis. They make parts for Toyota, General Motors, Ford, Honda and Volkswagen to name a few companies.
The president and CEO said they are now about 10 percent higher in sales than before the economic recession.
The new addition is expected to be completed and operational by September 2015.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy