MILLER CO, Mo. - Miller County Sheriff's Deputy Tom McClelland was serving a search warrant in Eldon Friday when he collapsed to the ground.
Deputies with the 22-year-old McClelland immediately started CPR when they discovered that he was not breathing and had no pulse.
McClelland was taken to Lake Regional Hospital where he was stabilized then transported
to Mercy Hospital in Springfield.
According to a Facebook page set up in his honor, McClelland suffered unknown medical emergency
and went into cardiac arrest.
The most recent post on that Facebook page said more tests were done Monday to try to determine a cause for his collapse, and that his heart was functioning at 20%.
McClelland was still listed in critical condition at Mercy Hospital Monday afternoon.
He is a graduate of Eldon High School.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active