GARNETT, Kan. - A missing elderly couple from Kansas was found Wednesday in Michigan.
Police Chief Kevin Pekarek said Vernon and Goldie Hunt left Garnett on Monday at 6 a.m. and were headed for Dwight, Ill., according to affiliate WDAF.
The trip is approximately eight hours and would take the couple on I-70 through Columbia and to St. Louis, before taking I-55 to Dwight.
When the couple did not arrive in Illinois and no contact had been made, they were reported missing. The Hunts had a cell phone, but attempts to call them were unsuccessful.
On Wednesday morning, the couple was found in good condition in Mio, Michigan and reportedly asking people for directions back to Kansas.
The couple's son told WDAF-TV they will likely continue to Dwight, Ill. to meet with family.
- Updated 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018