COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Missouri Department of Transportation announced Tuesday it will halt construction at the Stadium Boulevard and I-70 interchange for University of Missouri football games.
MoDOT says it will end construction on the project around noon on the Fridays before MU home football games. Road crews say there may be some construction on the side of the road, but most work will end in order to accommodate the expected increase in traffic for game day.
"We realize football fans will be coming into Columbia as early as the Friday before the games, so we hope that suspending the construction work will make traffic flow a little better," said MoDOT Central District engineer David Silvester in a statement.
MoDOT is constructing a diverging diamond interchange at the intersection, as well as widening parts of Stadium Blvd. to ease the flow of traffic in the area. The project is scheduled to be completed in winter 2014.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement